Thursday, August 30, 2012

Marinated Chicken Kabobs, 3 Cheese Perogies, Peach Pie

Dinner Wednesday 08/29/2012

Marinated Chicken Kabobs, 3 Cheese Perogies, Peach Pie.
OK so tonight I had help making dinner.  My wonderful husband cut up all the vegetables and chicken for the kabobs.  And grilled them on the grill (the grill is his domain)

Chicken Kabobs
 10 Kabob skewers
3 Boneless chicken breast
2 Zucchini
2 Yellow squash
1 Sweet onion
1 Package cherry tomatoes
(You can use whatever vegetables you like I just picked these)
Marinade
1/2 Cup soy sauce
1/2 Pineapple juice
1/4 Virgin Olive Oil
1 tsp. Dry mustard
1 tbsp. Brown sugar
2 tsp. Ground ginger
1 tsp. Salt
1/4 tsp. Pepper
If using wooden skewers-Soak in water for a few minutes so the skewers do not burn on the grill.
  • Cut chicken into chucks big enough to put on skewers. 
  • Slice zucchini, squash, and onion.
  • In a medium sauce pan combine all ingredients for the marinade.  Simmer for 5 minutes.  Remove from heat and let cool before marinating chicken and vegetables.
  • Pour marinade into large bowl.  Marinade chicken and vegetables in marinade mixture for a few minutes.  (I did not put tomatoes in marinade)
  • Start kabobing (I guess that's a word LOL)  Alternate chicken-vegetables-chicken (see picture of finished kabobs for details) My husband loves meat so I did a few kabobs with just chicken.
  • Grill on medium heat for about 30 minutes or until fully cooked, turning kabobs often.



3 Cheese Perogies

I love these things.  I always have them in the freezer.  They are a great different side to any meal and my kids love them.  If you are not familiar with Perogies they are potatoes filled raviolis.  We prefer the cheese flavored but the onion flavored are good as well.
This is how I cook them.  (You can just saute in a little olive oil or just boil until cooked.)
  • In a medium sauce pan add peroiges in warm water.  Boil until the peroiges are no longer frozen.  Usually about 5-7 minutes.
  • In a medium frying pan add a little olive oil (just enough to coat the pan)  Sautee on both sides  until light brown.
  • Serve warm

Peach Pie

While shopping in Target the other day (one of my favorite stores).  My husband and I walked by the frozen section to find some frozen pies on clearance.  A peach pie for $2.50 YES PLEASE.  I love having a planned dessert after dinner.  One it helps me get my kids to finish their dinner if they know they get a dessert after.  And two I LOVE something sweet after dinner!  And of course we had to add some whip cream. It was Yummy!!!!



Thanks to my hunny for being my partner in life and in the kitchen!!!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment